Protecting your privacy
Collecting Personal Information
We only collect personal information that is necessary to deliver our services, or that is required for administration, invoicing, marketing and networking.
Choice Energy Pty Ltd collects personal information about you when you request our services, including first and last name, street address, phone number, email address and other information that could be used to provide you our services. We collect personal details over the phone, by letter and/or via electronic means.
- our suppliers and service providers, and partners including those to whom we outsource certain of our functions (e.g. administration, energy bill assessment, and installation, servicing or replacement of equipment). We authorise our suppliers and service providers to use or disclose your personal information only as necessary to provide us with supplies or perform services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We require suppliers and service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf;
- our professional advisors, accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors;
- government, regulatory, judicial or law enforcement authorities; and
- any other third parties notified to you at or around the time we collect your personal information.
In some circumstances where Choice Energy Pty Ltd may be required to comply with foreign privacy laws when handling the personal information of individuals who are located permanently or temporarily overseas, or when require our partners to access our data, Choice Energy Pty Ltd and their partners will comply with the requirements of the Global Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Personal information will not be knowingly collected from a minor without his or her parent’s consent.
Personal Information may be collected via our website. In this regard, the following policies specifically apply:
If an individual indicates they do not want to receive further direct marketing or be contacted for marketing purposes by phone, fax, email, letter or in person, Choice Energy Pty Ltd has an effective system in place to record these requests and will action these as appropriate.
Choice Energy Pty Ltd will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep information which it holds about individuals secure. Electronic information is stored on a secure server that is protected in controlled facilities. Documents and papers are stored and locked under key until they are no longer required. When electronic information is no longer required it is permanently destroyed. When physical information is no longer required it is placed in a locked confidential security bin and destroyed or shredded. In addition, our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
However, Choice Energy Pty Ltd will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- we do not agree to provide you with access to your personal information; or
- you have or a complaint about our information handling practices
you can lodge a complaint with us directly or with the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Author: Daniela Todorovski
Document Owner: Daniela Todorovski